• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Euro is 940mb at landfall. Strongest Euro run yet I believe.
ecmwf_michael.png

Also note the Euro initialized this at 978mb and drops it to 940mb in 30 hours. That's some incredibly fast strengthening and since the pressure was a 966 last recon pass this would theoretically mean this could get into the 930s by landfall. A cat 4 is definitely looking more likely.

It had 935mb for one run a day or so ago.

Ah thanks I must have missed that one. This could hit the 930s if it deepens like the Euro is showing... a scary thought for those along the FL panhandle. I sure hope everyone has evacuated and taken necessary precautions.

Yep, still off shore as well. That may have been headed for 930mb or so.

What Michael has done in the midst of shear and dry air has been incredible. With those factors improving as it gets near land then there really isn't anything to hold him back. Very scary situation for the FL panhandle.

This is one of those situations where the hurricane doesn't stop and stall before the turn, it races until landfall than meets up with the front.

Back