• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Here is the 6z EPS:
eps_michael.png

Supposedly, the new recon data will help give a more accurate track forecast for 12z suite. I hope so and we see the Atlantic ridge flex, and push this a little more N and W! Fingers crossed

Almost a major as of the latest advisory. Up to 110 mph, pressure down to 965 mb. NHC now forecasting a maximum intensity of 125 mph.

This is probably worth mentioning.

Yes as it passes over the loop current this afternoon I expect the south side will fill in and we see a symmetrical CDO finally. I'm personally thinking a category 4 for peak strength is possible, I envision a Harvey scenario where this strengthens up until it is over land (but not the stalling part of Harvey).

Latest Euro showing 165mph wind gusts near Panama City at landfall. Do I believe it? No, but that’s what it’s showing

If you want to believe the 3k NAM I land while track is still south of ATL it throws some strong storm bands due north which could bring severe storms and spawn a tornado or 2. Even too parts north of ATL

If you want to believe the 3k NAM I land while track is still south of ATL it throws some strong storm bands due north which could bring severe storms and spawn a tornado or 2. Even too parts north of ATL

Eric posted earlier that this might be a result of forcing from the trough axis. His post was pertaining mostly to the higher terrain of W. Carolina if I recall, but I’m not certain if the same would be true for other areas west of the circulation due to lack of orthographic lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Latest Euro showing 165mph wind gusts near Panama City at landfall. Do I believe it? No, but that’s what it’s showing

It's very reasonable. This will likely be a high end 3 or category 4 at landfall. Wind gusts can be 25-35mph stronger than the sustained winds. This will likely make a run at cat 4 later tonight as the eye clears.

Keep in mind that Euro has a history of overdoing wind gusts. Therefore, I feel confident it is overdoing it again.

If this is 135-145mph at landfall gusts will be 160-170 in some areas. This is going to make a run for category 4 today, unfortunately. I hope everyone in Panama City is evacuated because there will not be much left after the surge and wind moves through.

Back