• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Since I didn't see anyone mention it, and since I just noticed, there is an upper level dropsonde flight in progress. This should fine tune the data and get the models in better agreement and might change the model paths.
Full 00z suite tonight should have all the data incorporated so hopefully this helps out with determining the speed/track differences that are still there. Landfall near Panama City looks about locked in though.

047bfaae475c4c90ec5c66bb005b8dffb99bccb3ec80bef0a828e2fc9bd44ad5.png

Full 00z suite tonight should have all the data incorporated so hopefully this helps out with determining the speed/track differences that are still there. Landfall near Panama City looks about locked in though.
one thing we know for sure....path has changed every 24 hours, so I have high expectations that it will change again. ;)

80 mph now @ 5pm update

This looks very different than the past coupleof of days. Maybe shear can help if it hangs around for a couple of days.

Wind_Shear-640x360 (1).jpg

Not that it means much, but the NAM didn't look like it changed much. 18z NAM past 48 hours though, so...lol.

Yeah I'm curious of when Michael leaves the passage. I think that'll determine a lot upstream.

Back