• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Quite gustier than 0Z
12Z
ecmwf_max_gust_se_90.png

0Z
ecmwf_max_gust_se_120.png
That 109 mph wind gust in the panhandle of Fl, the western one, no lie is directly over the community of Wright, where my sister and her husband live. They have already started the boarding up process

Fully expect the west and north trend to continue and this end up being a 65/20 special in AL...stay tuned!
lol doubtful but I would say the West trend will continue based on how models handeled the ridge for Florence.. but what do I know

I think the track the Euro, GFS, and UK have now it’s pretty close to being correct. I’m not a meteorologist or and expert so I could be wrong but I’ve been thinking that track the past few days. I think the FV3 is just way to far west and north

Something to think about is for the NC area there are a lot of people who have their roof damaged from Florence and they are covered with tarps now. Winds gusting 50-70mph across these areas is going to cause a lot of issues for houses like this and may knock power back out again in some areas since there are a lot of trees and such still leaning.

Don't look now but several eps members going west at landfall.....

eps_michael.png
Don't get me wrong, b/c west is by far the best ... but 24 hours ago it was a different story ... it's still a poker game and the player at the table and the dealer both have a face card up ...

Big thing to note is the EPS mean is basically identical to the FV3, GFS, Euro landfall areas. I think we have a good idea where landfall is going to be within about 50 miles or so. Panama City looks like ground zero right now.

Big thing to note is the EPS mean is basically identical to the FV3, GFS, Euro landfall areas. I think we have a good idea where landfall is going to be within about 50 miles or so. Panama City looks like ground zero right now.
I'd go a little west of Panama City but it's really splitting hairs...

FWIW: Michael hasn't quite left the passage yet. If it does leave before late night, then I'd say we're going to see more west shifting, but if it doesn't leave before late night, then I think we're probably about at what we're going to see consensus wise.

I'd go a little west of Panama City but it's really splitting hairs...
Yeah going to be close either way, any small eyewall wobbles as it approaches and the forward speed too will make a different. The big difference in the EPS is the faster vs slower models and where the storm ends up. Hopefully that will resolve tonight with the upper air missions.

Yeah going to be close either way, any small eyewall wobbles as it approaches and the forward speed too will make a different. The big difference in the EPS is the faster vs slower models and where the storm ends up. Hopefully that will resolve tonight with the upper air missions.
That's what I said a couple post back.... Lol

Great point and that is a consensus I believe...
EPS mean on top of Op. The weaker members are west and the stronger members are east. Michael already sub 980 and EPS doesn’t have any members sub 980 until tomorrow sometime.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's what I said a couple post back.... Lol

Haha just saw it. I hope the residents in Panama City and surrounding areas are prepared... a cat 3 landfall in some of these areas could bring in 10 feet or more of surge just depending on landfall area and angle of approach.. and that's assuming this is only a cat 3 at landfall.

Something important to note... an anti-cyclone has now built on top of Michael and will help keep shear low as long as they move in tandem. The GFS has been showing this moving in tandem with Michael keep the shear low and allowing for continued strengthening. Some incredibly powerful storms firing all around the center right now.
wg8shr.GIF

Back