• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

GFS is about right on top of me. NASTY for sure. A bit south of the 00z run, and a smidge south of the 6z run. Honestly pretty darn close to EURO...(euro is a bit south of GFS tho)

Yeah you might be seeing 50-60 mph sustained easily with gusts of over 70 mph. Could be a nasty midweek for ya.

This storm seems to be confusing the models I think. The GFS is already in the wrong direction early on by going NNE when the center is moving more NNW than anything and per recent satellite, more of a westward pull. I'm sure the other models will be confused and initialize in totally different locations.
I agree, models seems to be confused with the current movement. In the end I think the track will shift west.

12z Gfs slowing system down yet tracking further south and east. Moving toward the Euro idea.
Gfs has it starting at a NNE movement, but the hurricane currently is moving NNW, that being said gfs is wrong with the initial movement and Michael could be more west of what models show

I'm going with the short range models as of now, I would think globle models aren't as good with a short range?

This storm seems to be confusing the models I think. The GFS is already in the wrong direction early on by going NNE when the center is moving more NNW than anything and per recent satellite, more of a westward pull. I'm sure the other models will be confused and initialize in totally different locations.
Looks like it's still rolling around a bit. Now on in I think we have a super solid core and should see a nice steady movement

I think this is just a normal thing when TC are getting a core and have shear . Should see a more nice steady movement now .

Looks like it's still rolling around a bit. Now on in I think we have a super solid core and should see a nice steady movement
Have fun with this... lol
fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_10.png

If the FV3 wins...man props. Good test for it for sure.

It was one of the more eastern ones on Florence, but I still feel as if the middle ground ended up winning on the models there.

Back