• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

Probably underperformed on rain. Only got about 2 inches, when models were showing 3-5. Wind was predicted around spot on. ATL registered a 61 mph gust. Lost of tree damage and power outages.

Probably underperformed on rain. Only got about 2 inches, when models were showing 3-5. Wind was predicted around spot on. ATL registered a 61 mph gust. Lost of tree damage and power outages.
Glenn Burns said the 61 mph gust in ATL was not the norm. He said most areas peaked around 40mph

It didn't even come close here in Alabama. The winds were way higher and stronger. Opal rocked us here where I live. We were without power for a week or more after Opal. Widespread power outages and trees down everywhere.

Yep opal was a beast and a good portion of Alabama was on the east side of the storm AND opal was FLYING NE after landfall which only made the winds worse . Irma is crawling through and went ET

I believe that if this thing would have stayed over the gulf and made landfall up around the bend in FL or eastern panhandle, this would have been far worse over GA and AL. Irma making landfall in south FL truly saved us from things being much worse IMO.

I think this storm did exactly what the forecast said with the exception of rain. The wind was a bit worse than Ivan but it as drier and colder for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If y'all gained anything from the site over the past few weeks in regards to Irma please consider donating a small amount. It will help us to be able to contuine to provide this free service and to expand the array of services and website features in which we can provide to the weather community.

There's a great thread in the general weather forum to discuss the upcoming heat and other stuff related to September weather. Thanks guys

IMBY it performed how the models said it would. GFS was closer on actual gusts. Euro was a little over zealous on the potential wind gusts speed

My home away from home could have been worse for Hilton Head
394f67ba75bbf64934a876340f85dd53.jpg
81ebc6fc7f1d3911c9e7adbacfebc058.jpg
36764c787579b4cd52b496fc9c05e6ff.jpg
8a58b4f7313efa89835a4f6447b435f0.jpg
f59be26c6e23cc150aaf6d6d0a128acf.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Back