• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

With it being a Tropical Storm all the way up into AL now, will the winds and gusts have to be updated higher than previously predicted. It looks like it will still be a storm when it gets to my area.

That's good and well but it cannot make the next point without a turn within an hour. Just not possible, no matter what NHC believes.

So, you are hell bent on this thing not turning NW whatsoever...we all get that by now (you've posted 28 times about it), but can you add substance to your stance of why you know this wont turn NW?

So, you are hell bent on this thing not turning NW whatsoever...we all get that by now (you've posted 28 times about it), but can you add substance to your stance of why you know this wont turn NW?
I've never said it wouldn't turn NW. I was saying based on the 5pm NHC map, it will have to turn NW within the hour to make next point. The SW appears weaker so that's one reason I think the turn occurs further north. Also climo suggests that too.

Ground control to Phil. You should start getting into the part of the storm with the most instability in the NE quad in the next hour or so. The couplets and curved cells are relentlessly coming on shore. Get radar scope on your phone if you don't have it!

He said climo which is true . But Irmas path from where she was just North north of PR to where it turned is alreAdy against climo as GaWx pointed out numerous times that a more wnw path is more climo like vs a sharp turn North . Storms don't always follow climo

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

FWIW - wish tomorrow was another Monday wondering and worrying about if the phone will ring, and when it does, what sort of client problem needs to be dealt with ...
In other words ... the cluster is no fun ...

75f8b58263e03ab3187398c990c7c6082aa83a4ae866308b9eb726658a55e7d3.png

Ground control to Phil. You should start getting into the part of the storm with the most instability in the NE quad in the next hour or so. The couplets and curved cells are relentlessly coming on shore. Get radar scope on your phone if you don't have it!
An interesting observation about those couplets/curved cells - they are curved the opposite direction than the ones in the 4/27/2011 outbreak.

An interesting observation about those couplets/curved cells - they are curved the opposite direction than the ones in the 4/27/2011 outbreak.
Yeah, and these are some high topped super cells out there coming in. I've seen some up over 55k ft. Very strong updrafts which is very unusual in a TC. A lot of these aren't typical frictional induced TC spawned tornado sigs. I tracked one really strong isolated cell with a consistent couplet over 75 miles. Thats border line long tracker. If that instability maintains could be a really scary issue as the storm moves north and the landmass expands into that area.

Back