• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
12z GEFS
1634edf344d38f2d4db9e9cb0d274ea5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's 3 too many members in the Gulf

If the GFS continues to show a sub 900mb 1-2 days before Irma makes landfall, I'm certainly that it's possible that Irma could indeed fall down to a sub 900mb.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

If this does end up affecting the FL peninsula I don't see how they're going to evacuate the entire state of FL, that said I think this is going to affect the Carolinas.

I really hope it doesn't but it looks like OTS isn't likely now...
Doubt the entire peninsula would need evacuation.
Here's a link to Fla Canes - and very few have run the peninsula.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/one-hundred-years-of-hurricanes/
But if the peninsula were to take a hit by something this powerful, at least I know the backroads ...

Yeah OTS is pretty much off the table.

Not quite yet but if this goes OTS it's going to be painfully slow in doing so and its feasible this could challenge the all time record for individual storm ACE for an Atlantic tropical cyclone if it somehow remains well offshore the entire time...

Not quite yet but if this goes OTS it's going to be painfully slow in doing so and its feasible this could challenge the all time record for individual storm ACE for an Atlantic tropical cyclone if it somehow remains well offshore the entire time...

Oh I agree, just pretty much a remark based on the dwindling possibility due to support of the ridge building overtop.

Its crazy to know the category intensity is lower now then they use to.when Ivan hit us in Pcola it hit as a cat 3 with winds up to 130 mph. But now a cat 4 is 125? When did this change?
Check a knot to mph conversion calculator.

"HWRF thinks Irma will become a 125 knot category 4 hurricane by tomorrow morning..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back