• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance this thing goes to Texas ?

This is just my personal opinion here. No science involved lol. But I think that would be a super slim chance and unprecedented if it did go to the same area. That would be absolutely historic and insane. I think that would cripple what's already a fragile local economy giving the situation in that area now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for with Harvey! Thanks! This is a great resource! Should make it a member only feature to entice guests lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good idea . There are going to be a few things next week that will be members only

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

This is interesting

Full discussion here:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT1+shtml/020850.shtml?
6143a55795c82e4409482aee3d0a2c2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

ATCF keeps Irma at 95 kt at 11 and lost 0.1 degree of latitude, outflow looks restricted in the northern semicircle so we are probably about to see more pronounced wsw motion by later today and tonight...
That will be telling imho how much does it loose in latitude

ATCF keeps Irma at 95 kt at 11 and lost 0.1 degree of latitude, outflow looks restricted in the northern semicircle so we are probably about to see more pronounced wsw motion by later today and tonight...
Yes, the ridge is going to starting building westward. Irma may lose it's typical hurricane appearance due to some clouds filling in the eye but that will happen briefly.

This is interesting

Full discussion here:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT1+shtml/020850.shtml?
6143a55795c82e4409482aee3d0a2c2d.jpg

Yeah Irma is definitely a classic vortcane atm, because it didn't become annular as it has gone thru several eyewall replacement cycles the past few days it's current size makes it susceptible to large intensity fluctuations but the environment will slowly improve so we are liable to see this become a 4 once it nears the longitude of the Antilles

563bff58986384248c6d19c7339a8e2d24690909f0e51b3d630e7ff990e76dbb.gif
WSW, jog is happening as of now. It may fluctuate from a west to wsw for while until a true wsw movement happens. As Eric mentioned above this very important to know how much latitude it looses, to know where Irma is going. I say and "Wishcasting" if Irma dips further south then forecast then a west adjustment could be in play.

563bff58986384248c6d19c7339a8e2d24690909f0e51b3d630e7ff990e76dbb.gif
WSW, jog is happening as of now. It may fluctuate from a west to wsw for while until a true wsw movement happens. As Eric mentioned above this very important to know how much latitude it looses, to know where Irma is going. I say and "Wishcasting" if Irma dips further south then forecast then a west adjustment could be in play.
"Not wishcasting"

230d66dbddd7b341386c608ef8b2fa7eb5af7d55304942c0931bacc3397d4527.jpg
This is cool. Irma on the left and Whirlpool galaxy on the right.

Let's see what today's model suites hold in store.... just crazy yesterday how the ensembles for gfs and euro were opposite of their operational run

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_13.png
IDK, but looks as if Irma is little more west closer to the islands this frame vrs 6z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back