• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New track shifts east but on left side of guidance.. Big model shifts so ots is certainly a possibility again.
a6bd39025f49bb97b64e1a18b8fc0bf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From NHC....
The official forecast has also been shifted eastward, but out of respect for the previous forecast and the possibility the guidance may shift back to the west, it lies to the left of the bulk of the guidance.

Yep 6z GFS is slightly more West and landfall definitely further SW on GA/SC border.... I don't know gut tells me not to buy the far East or OTS solutions until we see 48 hours of all models agreeing

For the past few hours, Irma has taken a much more western jog. It will be close to PR and now possibly rake the island with the eyewall. Looks like a ERC may be starting.
I’m curious about that too. If she does gain some latitude soon she is on a direct hit path with PR

Congratulationsto TXJordan from Houston for becoming our 800th member. You've won a southernwx shirt . I message you to get your address. Welcome to the board !!

800 members in 8 months is amazing!!! Thanks to everyone that stops by the site and makes this place so much fun !!

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Look at how far the mean shifted east on the 06z GEFS . A few more days of that and it will stay offshore. That would be GREAT news . Let's hope the east trend continues today

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Just barely hits the outer banks of NC here. Crazy east shift.

So the 6z GFS operational run shifted slightly West while it's Ensemble members shifted East I have a feeling this is going to be a crazy model watching day too bad I'm stuck in a classroom the next two days. Y'all post some great stuff I'll check and read every once in awhile

Irma trucking it pretty much due west....maybe WWWNW. She is just doing what she wants. ANY land interaction over the next 24 hours will throw HUGE shifts in her final destination. Going to be a very interesting day for sure. I am still sticking to a far eastern Gulf storm until consistency is shown for a few runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back