• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irma trucking it pretty much due west....maybe WWWNW. She is just doing what she wants. ANY land interaction over the next 24 hours will throw HUGE shifts in her final destination. Going to be a very interesting day for sure. I am still sticking to a far eastern Gulf storm until consistency is shown for a few runs.
Maybe gawx can help, or anyone else, but hurricanes love to get pulled or rugged near the islands when passing westward on the north side. New map coming soon

From a cam the Sapphire Beach Resort in St. Thomas, USVI a few minutes ago. The still image updates every 15 seconds at the website below.
http://www.sapphireinthesun.com/
SBSTT0735.jpg

Look at how far the mean shifted east on the 06z GEFS . A few more days of that and it will stay offshore. That would be GREAT news . Let's hope the east trend continues today

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

That would be great, except I am concerned it won't go far enough east and hit NC.

Sure, there is plenty of time, but time is starting to closing in. If Irma does make it further east, that's better news for FL. I do think that Irma will be pulled in to the WNW or NW (give or take) making landfall some where either in GA, SC or in between. At least the model's are now in agreement (at least the GFS and Euro anyway) that Irma will likely take the east route of FL.

As you can see from this morning's run of the 6z GFS that there is a trough over the NW Atlantic, Jose downstream, Irma surrounded by a ridge to the north and west. With this setup, Irma as no choice but to go WNW/NW into the SE coast.
cb87af0e1177e4765fcada0a5c5c8726.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

She will do what she wants. She's powerful enough to make her her own weather pattern and will go where she wants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

She will do what she wants. She's powerful enough to make her her own weather pattern and will go where she wants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sounds like my wife. She's a redhead.

New track shifts east but on left side of guidance.. Big model shifts so ots is certainly a possibility again.
a6bd39025f49bb97b64e1a18b8fc0bf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This looks like one of those ads for those male enhancement pills.

Also while extremely impressive she isn’t looking so hot on the west side attm. Maybe a little weakening today?

There's just so much to be ironed out still across the US at 500mb. Maybe we can iron it out by landfall ::eyeroll::

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hopefully it won't .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back