• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until W trend stops still the chance that models can shift with overall track in the end
True but the idea of a North turn around Florida is gaining momentum. I guess it's possible an extreme eastern gulf of Mexico entrance but any further west than that is gonna need something like land interruption .

The western ensemble members from yesterday have shifted back to the east a little today

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Yes, I truly believe the West trend have stopped for now, and we may be looking at a south FL/east FL with Direct Impacts from Irma but we are still days out!!

Soooo trying to skim over about 5-6 pages or so and is it safe to say today's 12z models have halted (for now) the westward trend? Sure looks like they all are showing that north turn.... just when. Also I think it was mentioned but Irma is moving due west and is going to be just north of the forecast track not sure if this will have significant impacts or not

also I'll add if the Euro verifies your still talking a week away before landfall... crazy

aal11_2017090418_track_early.png

Anyone see that, initialized Cat 4.
It's officially a category 4 hurricane with winds of 130 mph as of the latest update.

Maximum Winds: 115 kt Gusts: N/A
Minimum Central Pressure: 944 mb
Environmental Pressure: 1011 mb
Radius of Circulation: 250 NM
Radius of Maximum Wind: 15 NM
Eye Diameter: N/A

That would be super nasty for FL, GA and the Carolinas. Hmmm some model agreement? Did dr no skirt Cuba too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back