• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Has anyone seen any eye temperature reading from recon recently? I see a 27.4 C at the surface, but with 53 kt winds, so that wasn't even the eye.

FWIW and I know it is the NAM but it does have it slower and more east and somewhat stronger at 21hr. IE 948mb vs. 954mb last run. I wouldnt look at the strength as much as location and timing with the NAM but it is within 24hrs so its probably more accurate at this time verses a few days ago with the bullish sub 900mb runs. It also did initilize as a 974mb so about what we currently see.

Edit: tad east, slower, and does show some weakening upon approach

What makes you say or think that man?
Carry on, the thread is low-fill right now because the wise are preparing. Don’t get distracted.
From my years on these forums there is an eerie quiet that develops before actual threats, when the members are not posting every few minutes because it’s real enough to need to do something about it in real life. I do feel that is one of these times. (Not saying scope or dangerousness of impact, just that this isn’t just a non-event, clearly).

Carry on, the thread is low-fill right now because the wise are preparing. Don’t get distracted.
From my years on these forums there is an eerie quiet that develops before actual threats, when the members are not posting every few minutes because it’s real enough to need to do something about it in real life. I do feel that is one of these times. (Not saying scope or dangerousness of impact, just that this isn’t just a non-event, clearly).
Gotcha...thank you. Was really interested in there logic but I guess it's not one 😂😂😂

Back