• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

I do wonder if nhc is expecting more of a satellite type interaction between the ull and tc where the ull dives more S than SE and hooks the TC more N and NW than modeled in the globals
I also agree as well. I know its very possible..It is interesting to see the split btwn the models. It makes a HUGE difference for inland areas for sure.

Euro has the ULL drift a smidge west, but the end result is the same:

View attachment 151874
I personally don't think there's enough room at this point for a huge track shift. I do think it's strange that nhc is that far west of the globals but they are the experts so I'll just leave it alone for the most part. It just sucks if you are in that 2,3,4 county band where the difference between the nhc track and the 18z gfs for example may end up with wildly different outcomes

These are the 360hr maps you laugh at. Only somehow it’s tomorrow this time. Y’all be safe out there. Nothing stopping this train. Just keep plenty of clean pants laying around Friday because you’ll need them all. Jimmy guarantee View attachment 151876

Listen Jimmy. ATL needs to be ground zero. This map is completely incorrect and is not in line with the forecast track. I bet soon we will see Birmingham in the cone. :)

Listen Jimmy. ATL needs to be ground zero. This map is completely incorrect and is not in line with the forecast track. I bet soon we will see Birmingham in the cone. :)
Yeah I don’t see it being this uniform and tightly wound as it goes inland but we’re also used to these gulf canes getting caught up in some sort of stream sweeping east and tugged off the coast quickly. Not this time. Insurance companies in trouble. A lot of this board in trouble. Never thought I’d get to sniff northeastern eyewall 300 miles inland but here we are.

Back