• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

SUMMARY OF 700 PM CDT...0000 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...23.0N 86.6W
ABOUT 430 MI...690 KM SW OF TAMPA FLORIDA
ABOUT 475 MI...760 KM SSW OF APALACHICOLA FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...85 MPH...140 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 360 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...974 MB...28.76 INCHES

Hey Jimmy. I just commented last night on how I haven't seen you in a while and hoped you were ok.
Thanks for checking in brother. I’ve just been busy. Preoccupied. I’m looking to get back in the swing of things here when winter gets going. I’ve missed you guys on here just a little bit. Hope I haven’t missed too much

I know this is the **CURRENT*** steering map but IMHO its hard to ignore the global models easterly track...either way.. yall need to be prepared for this strengthening hurricane at landfall.

View attachment 151867

I am thinking they and the hurricane models are relying on this soon to be cut off ULL to deepen in a neutral state beyond what the globals are seeing.

I do not buy it.

I also do not have a pHD in tropical meteorology

I do wonder if nhc is expecting more of a satellite type interaction between the ull and tc where the ull dives more S than SE and hooks the TC more N and NW than modeled in the globals
Euro has the ULL drift a smidge west, but the end result is the same:

ecmwf_z500_vort_us_fh27-60.gif

Don't do that.
Everyone remember we are an entertainment and discussion site. Please do not use information from this site to make personal decisions regarding this or any storm. Additionally we are not responsible for or sponsoring anyone chasing any storms

Last edited:
Back