• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

511 PM EDT Wed Sep 25 2024

...TROPICAL STORM WARNING IN EFFECT...

A Tropical Storm Warning means tropical storm-force winds are
expected somewhere within this area within the next 36 hours

* LOCATIONS AFFECTED
- Atlanta

* WIND
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Equivalent Strong Tropical Storm force
wind
- Peak Wind Forecast: 45-60 mph with gusts to 85 mph
- Window for Tropical Storm force winds: early Friday morning
until Friday afternoon

Reminder that the cone is for the center not impacts. So when you realize that it's a little less confusing. You can be outside the cone and still have very serious impacts.
Especially on the east side/right front quadrant.

Regarding the NHC track being west of almost all modeling. This is why we still have human beings making forecasts using all available tools and have not yet turned over weather forecasting to AI-generated forecast products.

That said, I'm, surprised they haven't mentioned the reasoning in the discussions as they usually do.

Regarding the NHC track being west of almost all modeling. This is why we still have human beings making forecasts using all available tools and have not yet turned over weather forecasting to AI-generated forecast products.

That said, I'm, surprised they haven't mentioned the reasoning in the discussions as they usually do.

Gonna be certainly fun to watch to see what line of thinking is correct here.

Theoretically, on the east side that close to the path, and based on the HWRF and HMON, it should be a bit higher than that. I would say 115-120, if it comes in at landfall as cat4/5, and you are 6 hours later.
I guess it just depends on how how strong it is at landfall and whether its strengthening or weakening at landfall.

Back