• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

And this is why getting all horned up over these mega model runs right now isn't the best idea.
I don't think anyone here is ignoring the ceiling of what this storm could be but there's an equally mediocre floor (or whatever words you want to use here). Many of these hurricane models are in the 970s low 980s roughly this time tomorrow. Might be best to wait and see what happens tonight bc right now the system doesn't look that great
Also never bet against the euro

Unless other models have signs it'll be weaker I'm not buying a mesoscale model this far out that doesn't even have the range for proper initialization since it's outside of N America.
That a fair point. The ICON and GFS runs coming soon will tell us more and if they go this way too it may be real.

And this is why getting all horned up over these mega model runs right now isn't the best idea.
I don't think anyone here is ignoring the ceiling of what this storm could be but there's an equally mediocre floor (or whatever words you want to use here). Many of these hurricane models are in the 970s low 980s roughly this time tomorrow. Might be best to wait and see what happens tonight bc right now the system doesn't look that great
The NAM takes a weak system over the NE Yucatan rather than shooting the channel and never really recovers.

Back