• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Before this thread goes any further let's decide on what we want to do

#1 all discussion related to this storm is in this thread including inland effects. This means you can't get mad if someone in NC is talking alot flooding at their location

#2 we put the inland tornado/flooding/wind threat in its own thread. The fact this system may move from the gulf coast to the southern apps in about 18 hrs there will potentially be an uncharacteristically large inland impact.

You guys tell me how you want to move forward but I wanted to get these options out there so in 48 hours there isn't bickering about it
#1 - what is life without Brick?

#1 all discussion related to this storm is in this thread including inland effects. This means you can't get mad if someone in NC is talking alot flooding at their location

#2 we put the inland tornado/flooding/wind threat in its own thread. The fact this system may move from the gulf coast to the southern apps in about 18 hrs there will potentially be an uncharacteristically large inland impact.

You guys tell me how you want to move forward but I wanted to get these options out there so in 48 hours there isn't bickering about it
I personally prefer everything being in one thread. Especially since this could be a high impact event for so many on the board

I prefer all in 1 thread. I scan it all, as both (inland and pure Meteorology by itself ) all interest me. Saves me from jumping back an forth. But whatever majority decides, Im flexible, ok with.

As a more casual hobbyist reading this board - I’ll admit to being on the fence about this question. On the one hand, two different threads might be helpful as it will not only be absolutely catastrophic on the coast - but the inland impacts also look to be very high impact and deserve their own attention. However, the system looks to be so fast moving it might get crazy in the midst of all to try to separate it out. I guess I’m leaning towards all in one thread, as it might just end up being too confusing to keep it separate. Just my 2 cents. :)

I vote for separate threads just to keep it diluted? Just my opinion🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: SD

Divide it out by county. You’re welcome.

Levi made a good point of the HAFS modeling trying to vertically stack the system tonight.

We will have a good idea if they are on the right track in real time. He is doubting it, we shall see.
Still have HMON at 918 and HWRF at 930. That's still destruction. And usually these 2 are reversed with HMON being the weaker. It's indicating a beast of a storm.

We will know tonight if they are correct.
I think there's a higher emphasis on these first formative hours than usual given how quickly it's going to landfall.

Any slower/faster than expected happenings really potentially push that envelope in one direction or another

1 please

I’ll be chasing this storm. How I’ve always chased previously is to stay out of the surge zones and be a few miles inland.

This time I plan to get there early, see if I can book a hotel on the beach and see what happens. If possible
I’m coming with, where we goin ?

Back