• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

from what I can tell off the CIMMS site is that there is now a HUGE upper anticyclone overhead now. If that is truly the case, I would imagine we see the very nice convective burst continue

Just as we go through will all weak/strengthening tropical cyclones its going to find the deepest convection and migrate toward it. I don't know if its moving north, I doubt it, but its def. re-adjusting Northward right now into that super cold/deep storm burst.

definitely stronger on recon, maybe those winds earlier weren't a fluke
the wind shift was almost a crazy jump north from last pass...I always find it cool to see how the center jumps around in these types of situations

72 to 96 hours the Euro is just sitting on top of Corpus Christi

120 hours back in the Gulf

144 hours blowing up hurricane off Galveston moving towards LA

goes inland next Wednesday morning in SW LA around 979 mb

Last edited:
We have a pretty good agreement on the "Loop" back in the gulf. I would advise anyone along the Texas and central gulf coast to be alert and ready for any impact. This could be a serious situation, especially the amount of rain its gonna cause. Euro also done the loop again, very persistent modeling.

Harvey down to 500 mb now. Extrapolated sea-level pressure: 500.2 mb. Wow!!!!

6z GFS just brought 936 cane into Tx and then just parked it there... epic flooding

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

06z gfs leaves Harvey behind to rain itself out around south Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14eb34458935f2d83e9d7a7cfaace509.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the GFS has trended to the NAM. The GFS has left the building.

0z Euro not even close wrt initializing Harvey's intensity, even thru 24 HR where it shows Harvey strengthening it's still weaker than it is now... I know it's a global model but Harvey is a large TC and the European has the highest resolution of any global model (9 km), if any global should initialize Harvey right it's the Euro...
ecmwf_mslp_gulf_5.png

Back