• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

Levi's new video. Really was intrigued by the part where he discusses the orientation of the oblong circulation wrt the convection to its north along the remnant tropical wave axis and how once the elliptical circulation becomes zonally orientated, the pressure falls to the north will stretch it enough to become circular thus perhaps boosting intensification.

lol twitter never fails to disappoint
d6c85a4f0eb4aaaa1fec08eb01cb1de8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the first time in years a cyclone will make landfall along the Texas coastline. Hope people are getting emergency plans ready for the life threatening flooding.

wow I've never actually seen a meteogram like the GFS has for Corpus Christi

44" of rain...:eek::eek: that's more rain than they average in a year!!!

and people were laughing as it fading away in Mexico earlier elsewhere... starting to look like a real possibility

Pressure gradient between the ULAC to the SSE and the ULL to the NNW is creating a moderate amount of shear and dry air over Harvey. Not deadly, just prohibitive ATM. Once the UUL dissipates it should be off to the races with Harvey.

This thing went from looking more organized to a mess. I doubt the original COC survives with the heavy convection on the old MLC.

Back