• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

28e41e39d0ce4632dcf0cf9cf948c5da.png
Eye feature?

Sat images can be deceiving and have to wait a few more frames to see but I swear it looks like a pinhole eye forming.... if so ru roh

Yeah no doubt it could be and it's fooled me before, that's why I say a few more frames to see for sure but looks like a solid ring around it....
Just one thing I hate to see
A smilin' woman and a frownin' man
With a ring in his nose
And a ring on her hand ...
Savoy Brown Blues Band
Couldn't resist, but feel free to delete ... :confused:

Yeah no doubt it could be and it's fooled me before, that's why I say a few more frames to see for sure but looks like a solid ring around it....

I was thinking it was the eye, but I'm not sure either. Either way there's more hot towers of convection flaring up right on the southside of it. It even seems to be shedding off some of the outer bands and taking on a more symmetrical appearance.

I remember in 2008 having to experience the remnants of Ike merging with a cold front. It was extratropical at that point but the widespread 50-70MPH winds for several hours and that ended up causing many power outages across the state of Kentucky. Some areas closer to the Ohio River that received the higher gusts lost power for almost 1 week. The damage in the state of Kentucky was in the Hundred's of Millions due to all the power issues and the trees down.

If the current NHC forecast is correct a large swath from Myrtle Beach through Raleigh and perhaps as far inland as Snowshoe, WV will experience winds at least at the intensity and duration of what KY experienced in 2008 with Ike and the Cold Front combo. With Hurricane wind gusts as far inland as Fayetteville and Raleigh.

The moral of the story is just because it is a just a strong Tropical Storm instead of a strong CAT 1 or CAT 2 at Fayetteville doesn't spare a large swath of the impacted area from potential power issues and wind damage.

Anyone think it could go further west before turning north and hit SC instead of NC?

Back