• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

My folks in Fayetteville aren't gonna have a good time to say the least if that came to fruition. Not much room for error on that track here in Charlotte though, 50-100 miles is the difference between just a breeze, extra clouds, and some showers vs seeing 50+ knot gusts, several inches of rain, etc.

My folks in Fayetteville aren't gonna have a good time to say the least if that came to fruition. Not much room for error on that track here in Charlotte though, 50-100 miles is the difference between just a breeze, extra clouds, and some showers vs seeing 50+ knot gusts, several inches of rain, etc.
Keep forgetting you’re located in Charlotte now. Certainly getting uncomfortable here in Wake county....

Keep forgetting you’re located in Charlotte now. Certainly getting uncomfortable here in Wake county....

Yeah if I was in Fayetteville or Raleigh right now, I'd probably be very nervous & would batten down the hatches and expect/prepare the worst (no power 1-2 weeks). I'm just weary at the moment here in Charlotte but there's like no room for error, 2 counties over is getting hammered on this Euro run. 80 KT (95 mph) gusts make into Raleigh this run, would be sure to do considerable damage and knock out power for many.

index (26).png

Yeah if I was in Fayetteville or Raleigh right now, I'd probably be very nervous & would batten down the hatches and expect/prepare the worst (no power 1-2 weeks). I'm just weary at the moment here in Charlotte but there's like no room for error, 2 counties over is getting hammered on this Euro run. 80 KT (95 mph) gusts make into Raleigh this run, would be sure to do considerable damage and knock out power for many.

View attachment 6027
Yeah it certainly seems like the euro is dialing in. It moves a little faster this run but still takes nearly 48 hours to meander across Central NC. This is becoming very real quick

Yeah it certainly seems like the euro is dialing in. It moves a little faster this run but still takes nearly 48 hours to meander across Central NC. This is becoming very real quick

This goes for everyone in this forum to in central or eastern NC, make sure you're prepared to lose power for up to 2 weeks from this, if you have not prepared do so ASAP, do not wait, this storm is not a joke. Ensure you and your loved ones have plenty of food (ones you don't have to cook, dried foods for ex), water, rechargeable battery packs can help too, have a noaa weather radio, plenty of gas in your vehicles (trucks may not be able to get into the area & restock gas stations w/ gasoline, etc.

Florence is moving south of west still atm, the latest BEST track file has this as a 60 KT tropical storm at 24.5N as of about 2-3am.
I was going to say the same thing. It's been moving that direction for the last 2 frames

GOES16_1km_ir_201809090715_20.25_28.75_-62.25_-48.75_ir1_ltng_hgwy_latlon_weathernerds.gif
South it is

Back