• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Lots of crazy totals
6cec76f83ff2f2c8f9e7884cf541edb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Based on the HWRF through hr 54, the 18Z will very likely come in quite a bit further N than the far S outlier 12Z.

This HWRF run is further north of the 12z largely because it's showing Florence becoming a category 5 hurricane in under 72 hours, that seems a little too fast but I guess it's possible.

Lots of crazy totals
6cec76f83ff2f2c8f9e7884cf541edb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This would permanently alter the OBX. Would be hard to come back from this. They already have new inlets and sounds forming on a relatively regular basis but this storm would create some of its own

It looks like the models are now showing Florence starting to strengthen overnight tonight while yesterday the strengthening wasn’t shown to start until tomorrow night. It makes sense for a northern correction on the southern end of the modeling. The next thing to focus on is the forward speed??? Should we be rooting for it to be a slow mover so it will possibly stall out to sea instead of catapulting onshore before stalling?

I stayed at my father in law’s cottage at kill devil hills this past summer and the whole island is literally sitting on a sand bar. They build and build and build and wonder why the sandbar is disappearing into the ocean. Hurricane Isabel created its own inlet on the OBX and if some of these OBX landfalls come to fruition I’m afraid Florence may do the same

I have a friend that I went to high school with and they just told me Jim Cantore is in Oak Island NC right now..

And I have another friend saying he just saw on TV that Jim is headed to Charleston..I’m not sure what to believe

Back