• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

ABC was the first to latch on to this ots solution 2 days ago. Given how dry its been in central NC, close proximity could be an advantage for drought stricken areas of NC, while giving the outer banks nothing more than strong tropical force winds. Of course, all this changes if it charges NW into the southeast coast.

Yeah the eps mean shifted north vs 00z . So everything today has moved a little NE .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general, the EPS seems to show an overall narrowing with what looks like the average being around Myrtle Beach to just down the coast some or the NC/SC border.

EPS is worrisome actually, while the mean may have shifted north as FS pointed out there are fewer ots members, if anything the path tightened up

I agree. I think we should focus on where the tightest clusters are.

Yeah the eps mean shifted north vs 00z . So everything today has moved a little NE .

If anything, it's barely anything. I argue though it's further south earlier on at the very least. I still feel it's slightly south IMO unless there is a map showing 0Z from 12Z having the average shown.

The mean last night was around the NC/SC boarder the mean is for sure a little north of 00z . It’s irrelevant at this point anyway it will be different in 12 hours

The mean last night was around the NC/SC boarder the mean is for sure a little north of 00z . It’s irrelevant at this point anyway it will be different in 12 hours

I agree but one of the reasons the mean was further south last night is there were more members south, even one in the GOM some what skewing the mean and it also had more ots solutions. This run has definitely narrowed compared with fewer ots solutions, anyway arguing semantics as it's not a final solution by no means

I know someone who just retired and bought a beach house at Carolina Beach. This has to suck for them.

Not much about the 12z eps really establishes a lot of comfort.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Just another worrisome look at the eps.....
AL06_2018090812_ECENS_large.png

Back