• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

I quit taking measurements after a foot because I was getting the trees off my house.... yeah it was a conservative estimate on my part, figured it would be much more. Catastrophic either way man, poop

Yeah a TC stalling over us for 5 days+, you'll be measuring rainfall w/ a meter stick. Biblical flooding if the Euro panned out.

It’s just one run of 3 models! No need for panic over the bullseye rain totals or wind fields 5 days out! Lots of changes yet to come! If your in the 24” of rain bullseye on Wednesday, then pandemonium can commence!

I would definitely be worried about the Euro's scenario this run. High hurricane force winds, heavy flooding, and of course likely tornado chances inland. Probably a major coastal disaster plus a large portion of E NC receiving power outages.

It’s just one run of 3 models! No need for panic over the bullseye rain totals or wind fields 5 days out! Lots of changes yet to come! If your in the 24” of rain bullseye on Wednesday, then pandemonium can commence!

I feel you but the possibility of a stall is worrisome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total rainfall from the euro
9ff16d8f8ef5dd9eedd5009efe1a5598.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well that’s 3/3 all global models are NE of previous runs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironically, the one of few model guidance specifically made for hurricane forecasting (HWRF) decides to go in the opposite direction and head towards FL/GA instead. lmao We still got a LONG way to go, hopefully by Monday we'll have a stronger confidence in model consensus on a landfall point. Assuming that still remains the highest possibility vs OTS or near misses.

EDIT: Meanwhile HMON looks like it might head towards a SC landfall if extrapolated past hr. 126.

EDIT #2: Also the HWRF kinda puts a damper on this idea that a stronger Florence = further north landfall. At 850mb, the winds are 159.2kts (183.2 mph) at hr 126. I'm sure that's grossly overdone, but that's besides the point. As many of you mentioned, too many other players are going to have an effect on the track.

Last edited:
On a side not from the models, the storm still looks horrible. Took in a lot of dry air and it seems it's wrapped all the way into the core again, so I'm not sure if it'll organize any better by tonight and may even take until tomorrow to get what it has in it now out.

Back