• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Unfortunately, it's a very different ballgame down here in Charlotte atm, a track into South Carolina or even Savannah would bring the core of Florence into the southwestern piedmont.
Very, very Hugo like! I know different angle and yadda, yadda, but CAE and CLT and in between, got wrecked after CHS was decimated!

4063cae07e8e9c10b42a0b1e372cb87f5b4db53a7a1bab8c6dc72650d6cb01e9.png
look at the left hook

Starting to feel a little better about mby, seeing it stay weaker a little longer and the eps and mogreps with clustering south. Still too early and I'm no way wishing this for our friends to our south.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah I think the far NE solution toward your area is running out of steam. I think the greatest area of concern is really the central SC coast from Charleston to myrtle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep. That’s my concern at this time. I further south track around the Savannah area could be devastating for this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's the last thing I want to see, but I also don't want this to go so far south that it puts Larry and Phil in serious trouble, the very harsh reality is somebody on this forum is liable to get absolutely crushed by this storm & their lives will change forever.

With what we are looking at at this lead time I think a NE trend is unlikely. Theres just too much of a blocking ridge to the north to believe a NE trend is likely. To me a shift a little more SW would be the more likely outcome. But again we are still 5-6 days away things will change.

Yeah I think the far NE solution toward your area is running out of steam. I think the greatest area of concern is really the central SC coast from Charleston to myrtle.

i agree I think the NE movement would be the least possible moves at this point.

Yeah that's the last thing I want to see, but I also don't want this to go so far south that it puts Larry and Phil in serious trouble, the very harsh reality is somebody on this forum is liable to get absolutely crushed by this storm & their lives will change forever.
Unfortunately it could be true unless this thing goes through central Florida on the off chance it also has on going out to sea. Only possibility of a miss to members would be just south of Brunswick GA. Unfortunately that would bring worse than irma winds up here but at least it won't be as bad as a Savannah hit or a Myrtle Beach hit which would affect a large portion of the board. Very few easy ways out of this one.

Myrtle needs a fresh start! J/k, mostly!? The far S solutions, CHS and such, still put a lot into the right front quadrant, or tornado side, depending on eventual size!

Myrtle needs a fresh start! J/k, mostly!? The far S solutions, CHS and such, still put a lot into the right front quadrant, or tornado side, depending on eventual size!

Good point, the tornado threat will extend well outside the core of the storm to the right of its track and would most likely be moderate or high overall given Florence's projected intensity being able to provide a ton of low-level shear, at least more than we're "typically accustomed" to w/ a weaker category 1 or 2 hurricane that occur more frequently around here.

Good point, the tornado threat will extend well outside the core of the storm to the right of its track and would most likely be moderate or high overall given Florence's projected intensity being able to provide a ton of low-level shear, at least more than we're "typically accustomed" to w/ a weaker category 1 or 2 hurricane that occur more frequently around here.
Not to mention this would be an unusual track for most of nc. Not very often we see a hurricane with a westward component to its track moving through SC. Would set up a good part of the southern half of the state for a long period of high wind gusts.

Not to mention this would be an unusual track for most of nc. Not very often we see a hurricane with a westward component to its track moving through SC. Would set up a good part of the southern half of the state for a long period of high wind gusts.

Not to mention the immense rain totals that would pile up for the southern and eastern escarpment due to enhancement with that track.

Not to mention the immense rain totals that would pile up for the southern and eastern escarpment due to enhancement with that track.
No kidding. Took the euro 3 days to get from the SC coast to SW Va that's a lot of deep SE to E flow for the mountains

Recon on the way now and will be there soon . I guess waiting till Monday went out the window lol

That's actually just a NOAA research aircraft (at least I thought?). The NHC plan of the day still shows won't get the big C-130s in there til Monday morning. Regardless, any data should help

No kidding. Took the euro 3 days to get from the SC coast to SW Va that's a lot of deep SE to E flow for the mountains

That would not be ideal. One mountain that is traveled pretty heavily here locally is down to one lane in each direction as one of the lanes is being eroded away on the mountain side from all the rain this spring and summer.

That's actually just a NOAA research aircraft (at least I thought?). The NHC plan of the day still shows won't get the big C-130s in there til Monday morning. Regardless, any data should help

You are right it’s a NOAA plane
bfcf57d45abd43f9d18900d2bd331bf5.png

Back