• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Appears as if abc latching on to this coastal hugger and shifting ots a few days ago has some serious merit now. As a chatham county resident it appears as if the western triangle (chapel hill) will be spared, based on model trends today. Whew!!

Appears as if abc latching on to this coastal hugger and shifting ots a few days ago has some serious merit now. As a chatham county resident it appears as if the western triangle (chapel hill) will be spared, based on model trends today. Whew!!

I don't know what you see that supports Chapel Hill being "spared" in any way

I was just going to post that under realistic conditions I could not paint a much worse scenario for the Triangle than what the 12z Euro just predicted.

Just 12 hrs ago it was showing 23” of rain for me now it’s under 5”. So maybe it will shift more, and spare you guys some!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go...
eps_florence.png

Todays model trends towards lifting this north and just hugging the coastline

I'm not sure if you are kidding here or what... but this is BAD information that you are giving for possible guests to view and make a judgement call. This is not a trend, and do not take this storm lightly. At the current moment anyone from Greensboro to Cape Hatteras needs to be making all the necessary preparations for widespread power outages, damaging winds and horrific flooding.

Well, still 3 days away. I'll pay attention up to about 24 hours and then we'll probably know. With EURO shifting north/east, I bet the east shift continues.

Yes the models are good (please don't downplay this myself and others are very concerned), but pay attention to the cone I am in the cone with a low chance based on models, but I am preparing, right now no one is sure where this monster is coming. Be prepared and be ready

Back