• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Slowing down turning north @96, catastrophic floods probably. And these are 850's but looks like expanding wind threat too
f19c63487d292cf23f04d2871b294a6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Euro hits the breaks. Bad run for the Triangle. If this stalling occurs a bit sooner, much of the interior will be spared. That is such a precarious setup.

Euro is about the worst possible track and scenario possible... Let's hope it's wrong or otherwise the wind and flood damage will be catastrophic.

Great, the Euro somewhat shifted N! Congrats RAH, hope you enjoy my rain!!:mad::mad::p
All I wanted was a little rain!

Euro never goes below 950 mb entire track, models under estimating strength

The strength it’s achievin today, should help pull it poleward, and we all know it’s hard to sustain that intensity once it hits 150 mph or so, so that may weaken it before landfall

Great, the Euro somewhat shifted N! Congrats RAH, hope you enjoy my rain!!:mad::mad::p
All I wanted was a little rain!
I know your frustrated and also being somewhat sarcastic, but give me drought over 100 mph gust and 15 inches of rain any day .... if you're spared, count your blessings.

To summarize the 12z runs...
GFS - East shift, stalls off the coast then shoved west and inland.
FV3 - Nearly the same track with landfall between ILM and MHX.
HWRF - Shifts north, landfall near ILM
Euro - Shifts north, landfall near ILM
HMON - Slight west shift, landfall near MHX
ICON - Shifts west to MHX stall and then drifts north to VA
UK - Shifts west with landfall between ILM and MHX
JMA - Shifts west with landfall between ILM and MHX

Back