• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

And the FV3GFS was basically unchanged....
The FV3 has been remarkably consistent so far, this will be a great test to see if it can beat the Euro... the HMON track posted above is a slight shift west. The previous run brought it in about 50 miles to the E/NE of there.

I disabled live thread. With the amount of traffic it tends to bog down server resources. Site should speed up.

Looks like the site is having an issue just had a server message pop up briefly
Its likely due to too many connections with live thread enabled. It may have to be disabled temporarily later on if issues with the site persist.

Think of it as "storm mode" where some features are disabled to free up server resources.

Reminding friends in or near the track of Florence to check the Storm Preparation sticky thread within the Tropical Weather thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that Brick, I was just about to ask if anyone had the 12z HWRF. That's a decent shift north from the 06z run that had it tracking similar to the Euro.

The GEFS is always clustered together inside of 72 for the most part. Not enough spread in the GEFS IMO to make it useful. FYI, I am inclined to lean towards a EURO/FV3 blend. I think a Myrtle Beach to Morehead City landfall looks most likely and I'm very impressed with the job NHC has been doing .

GEFS/GFS isn't even in the NHC cone by day 3-4. Surprised it could be this wrong.

The GEFS is always clustered together inside of 72 for the most part. Not enough spread in the GEFS IMO to make it useful. FYI, I am inclined to lean towards a EURO/FV3 blend. I think a Myrtle Beach to Morehead City landfall looks most likely and I'm very impressed with the job NHC has been doing .

Yeah at this point the GEFS aren't much use... really they have been pretty far off with Florence so far from what I've seen. The FV3 has been remarkably consistent as has the consensus TVCN and NHC track. I would go with those with a landfall between Wilmington and Morehead City as the most likely, assuming she doesn't stall offshore.

We have 67 guest at the moment.

Guys just a friendly reminder. We have a lot of guest on here today. Please take a minute and register so you can take advantage of all the forum features. Also this only takes a min to do so.
Thank you and be safe!!

Back