• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Little better Uk image.

ukmet_florence.png

Looks very close to the Euro.

The synoptic pattern going forward is much different than what we’ve seen so far and many of those short term forecast issues occurred without the inclusion of HH data to initialize the model. There’s no systematic SW bias in the euro as you tried to assert earlier, there is in the UKMET but it’s been all over the place

Like I said the pattern going forward is different so it may not be representative of what happens in the future. UK has been all over the place too. FV3 and Euro have been most consistent but I think the Euro is overdoing the ridging. I’ve seen plenty of storms where it nailed the track and others where it was too far west/south and you end up seeing the gfs and Euro meet in the middle. We will see soon enough what the Euro does but I expect a tick north in the 12z run.

Has any model other than the UK shifted west at all at 12z?

According to Levi, he says the reason why the model runs are slow to come in is because there is a lot of traffic.

So we have GFS/CMC/NAVGEM are all off shore that scrape the OBX. FV3 looks to be east as well. UK in eastern NC. Sounds about right?
About right, fv3 actually comes just inland in the SE part of the state almost identical to it's 06 run

I wish we could see the trajectory after landfall of these models. TT is going to take until about 5:00 PM to get the data out, it looks like.

Back