• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

I’m at work right now, but from what I can tell the GFS better hope this turns north west fairly quickly if it’s gonna make its track because of the short term right now it’s moving almost to West

If the GFS turns out to be wrong, it's hard to understand how it could get more wrong as we get closer to 0 hour.

Well one of these models, Euro or GFS, is going to be really wrong. And if it's the GFS and a Cat 5 Florence ends up plowing into SE NC it's going to be tough to defend it.

Goofus going nuts, down to 927 @84 still sitting off the OBX
And with the slow forward movement at that point, you can throw the intensities in the trash due to upwelling. The glaring issue is that the GFS is uncoupled from the ocean is another reason to get rid of it. It's lagging way behind other modeling in many ways.

GFS is out to lunch no two ways about it.... the Ukmet trended back south. I will not be surprised to see the Euro come north just a smidge and converge on the SC/NC border as landfall point

Let's see what the Euro says. Plus we're a couple days from landfall and things can still change.

Could be a wobble but last frame there is a slight northward component.... I don't think we can deny it's continued westward movement is concerning for areas further south but I also think we may be putting a little too much emphasis on the current motion, really any definitive NW movement should come later as it rounds the developing high to it's north

Back