• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2024

Once the wind veers SE this evening and the seabreeze rolls through that'll be the end of the low mixed daytime dews
The low Dews have been an obstacle to the Gardens. Had a pretty good crop this year thanks to the waterhose. But Hot weather turf grasses and Gardens thrive best in high dews. Beans come off today and into the canner. Cucumbers still rolling. Squash zuchinni, Spuds ( planted 3/1) are done. Tomatoes are always second half July here, look good. Getting ready to contribute heavily to the Brunswick County Golf Courses here in a week. I promise the dews will be above 70 everyday that week. I eat like a hoarse and still loose weight every year down there.

These are some ridiculous numbers painted by the GFS and to a lesser extent, the EURO for next week starting Monday thru Thursday.

gfs_T2m_seus_15.pnggfs_T2m_seus_19.pnggfs_T2m_seus_23.pnggfs_T2m_seus_27.pnggfs_T2m_seus_27.pngecmwf_T2m_seus_40.pngecmwf_T2m_seus_40.png

Attachments

• ecmwf_T2m_seus_47.png
    ecmwf_T2m_seus_47.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 48
  • ecmwf_T2m_seus_52.png
    ecmwf_T2m_seus_52.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 55
So far I've missed most of the showers I've had a couple of sprinkles dew point has jacked up all the way to 74 it's very humid out so the atmosphere is ready to rain it just need something to help it along

So far I've missed most of the showers I've had a couple of sprinkles dew point has jacked up all the way to 74 it's very humid out so the atmosphere is ready to rain it just need something to help it along
With dewpoints that high, it doesn't take much in the atmosphere to serve as a trigger. An outflow boundary, upper air disturbance, even a good sea breeze would get thing going. Hopefully you will get the rain you want and the rest of us will do likewise.

These are some ridiculous numbers painted by the GFS and to a lesser extent, the EURO for next week starting Monday thru Thursday.

View attachment 148062View attachment 148063View attachment 148064View attachment 148065View attachment 148065View attachment 148066View attachment 148066
You can shave several degrees off of the GFS temps. It is routinely way too warm during the summer on highs. Back my way I expect low to mid 90’s which is still hot but not that mess the GFS is showing

You can shave several degrees off of the GFS temps. It is routinely way too warm during the summer on highs. Back my way I expect low to mid 90’s which is still hot but not that mess the GFS is showing
Generally cut 4 to 5 degrees is usually good. KFFC mentioned in their recent AFD that the globals were coming in too hot and even the NBM was too hot.

If we get a plume of 23-25c 850s a lot of folks are going to be 97-103 depending on clouds and convective chances but the last few years for whatever reason the models have over heated 850->sfc when we get on the eastern edge of heat ridges

Congrats. I watched that heavier batch move in over your area and just sighed as the good rains missed me. It's steamy out something has to give with this much moisture in the air right?
tough task with heights so high :)

Agree on the GFS. Not sure what to make of the Euro though for next Wednesday. The GFS has been running 5-8 too warm for summer highs now for at least several years.

Dewpoint 70 here and the dry heat days are over, gonna be hells front porch or at least the stairs to the porch for the next week.

At 11 pm it's 81 over 77 with a heat index of 88....dewpoint in Raleigh is 63....crazy how much lower it is 70 miles west of me.

Up to 70 now.

c35d92e37686f385893e740aa57fdf34.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice HEAVY Shower(s) in the AO from 11:30~12PM today.. Moving Inland..

Famers just Inland are getting a reprieve.. (Hampstead)..

Though now, It's a steam bath outside..
84F w/a dew of,, 72 Humidity.. 65%..

Sauna outside..
too Add.. @Shaggy..

Despite those showers, yesterday AND Today..
Dig into the soil, or leaf Piles/ or pine Straw the "Surface is damp down too a few 8's of a inch, , though, underneath, is dry,, dry,, dry.

Back