• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2024

I'll gladly take a 1/4 inch and be happy but oh man did I just barely miss out on the Seabreeze stuff today
I caught it, while moving family into new home lol and on way back road. By Whiteville it was a faded memory. We where so wet from sweat ,it didnt matter.

Need the last half of the 12Z GFS to be right over 6" behind for the year and the corn crop will fail if we dont get it soon....
Good news bad news coming. Good news is higher pwats, greater low level moisture, dews in the 70-75 range, and the ridge center moving away will lead to at least some storms each day maybe starting as early as late Friday but more likely late Saturday. Bad news is with the ridge retrograding SW all of the high 850s are going to move right into the area so highs are more likely 95-100 with HIs well into the 100s.

I am really hopeful that as we get out towards the end of the month we avoid centering another ridge overhead like the 12z gfs and getting another front through like the cmc. If we split those 2 with a deep WNW flow aloft and a bermuda ridge we still stay hot but it's a much wetter heat wave

Last edited:
Good news bad news coming. Good news is higher pwats, greater low level moisture, dews in the 70-75 range, and the ridge center moving away will lead to at least some storms each day maybe starting as early as late Friday but more likely late Saturday. Bad news is with the ridge retrograding SW all of the high 850s are going to move right into the area so highs are more likely 95-100 with HIs well into the 100s.

I am really hopeful that as we get out towards the end of the month we avoid centering another ridge overhead like the 12z gfs and getting another front through like the cmc. If we split those 2 with a deep WNW flow aloft and a bermuda ridge we still stay hot but it's a much wetter heat wave

Yeah at least it's tolerable right now....this weekend we are trading that for a low chance at a hit or miss storm...at least I haven't had to mow the yard in almost 2 weeks now

Yeah at least it's tolerable right now....this weekend we are trading that for a low chance at a hit or miss storm...at least I haven't had to mow the yard in almost 2 weeks now
Yeah, it's comfortable in the evenings. Desert weather, hot days cool nights, 58 yesterday morning, 61 this morning with highs low 90s. Crops and grass taking a beating though

Quite breezy conditions off the ocean making it pretty tolerable the last couple of days. This was helped today by highs staying in the 80s throughout the area along with mid 60s dews. Going to get a good walk in shortly in the breeziness.

The weather starting this Friday through the following 7-10 days looks miserable. And while I'm enjoying some drier weather for a change, this time of year dry brings hotter temps so I'll be pulling for more clouds at least. Anyway we slice it though, we're in that roughest time of year and there's no escape. DAYS START GETTING SHORTER AFTER TOMORROW!

Back