• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2024

Can't get the mjo into p7/8 in winter but when it produces a crappy pattern in the warm season buddy we can nail it. Until the mjo gets back into any other phase we are going to hang around with this trough in the PNW and some kind of ridging in the east. I would think that by the time we get to around July 4th we will see this pattern start to shake loose and we may go full trough in the east ridge in the 4 corners.

As far as I'm concerned good riddance

I'll take my chances on a La Nina
We need to introduce a new step-brother to La Nina and El Nino, we'll call him El Coolio. El Coolio will be capable of producing Miller A's in winter time that will once again put down "good" snow south of I-40. Viva, EL COOLIO!

Through 177 hours on the GFS, nothing of consequence in the rain department and plenty of 92+ temps from Georgia through North Carolina. It's going to be moderate drought territory before 7/4/2024 gets here. You can usually shave about 4 degrees off those highs on the GFS, from what I've noticed in summer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-14 122333.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-14 122333.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2024-06-14 122300.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-14 122300.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 22
Through 177 hours on the GFS, nothing of consequence in the rain department and plenty of 92+ temps from Georgia through North Carolina. It's going to be moderate drought territory before 7/4/2024 gets here. You can usually shave about 4 degrees off those highs on the GFS, from what I've noticed in summer.

Yeah pretty boring. Maybe we can get something to roll in off the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get used to that with least a
Moderate La Niña developing

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see less than .5 of rain the rest of June unless we find a way to pull that tropical thing this way. The pattern is just so meh

On top of this I think we could get a decent number of 100 degree readings coming too
Well the 100s thing seems unlikely with the ridge axis to the north but they rain thought might not be too far off even though the 12z euro is actually promising

Actually the 12z euro is very nice with the mid classic bermuda ridge and 70+ dews moving north

Last edited:
We need to introduce a new step-brother to La Nina and El Nino, we'll call him El Coolio. El Coolio will be capable of producing Miller A's in winter time that will once again put down "good" snow south of I-40. Viva, EL COOLIO!
Hip Hop Wtf GIF

My tempest picked up lightning this morning i shot out of the bed like a kid on Christmas morning then saw it was going to miss
Same here. I saw the radar and thought I might have gotten into the band in Durham (heading SE). But it just missed me to the south.

I went out to my garden near Auburn in Wake County and was surprised to see about .20 in the rain gauge there. There was a lonely cell that went through southern Wake County and into Johnston and Wayne before dissipating early this morning. I'd better enjoy it while it lasts, that might be the only rain in sight for the next ten days.

Back