• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July

Starting to look like July 4th May be active Convectively with thunderstorms, nam shows them firing up everywhere and several boundary collisions/mergers, which may increase the damaging wind potential, but the nam spits out absurd cape (3500-5500 jkg) while realistically 1500-3500 seems more likely

One more ? day, then giddy up!?AD1F5E21-15AB-4E24-8E36-4AF2E3269BA8.png

Holy poop!!!
a004e5244dc6e731a98765441aec75e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Well you were excited about your chances

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I think will probly have to wait till tomorrow to get those natural fireworks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Places that get under storms tomorrow have a good chance to put up big numbers

Sea breeze along NC/SC coast and inland looks active on both HRRR and 3km NAM.

View attachment 20749
Yeah today looks like one of those days where sea breeze convection bombs then the outflow/sea breezs accelerate NW into the Piedmont with random isolated storms at best forming as it passes.

Yeah today looks like one of those days where sea breeze convection bombs then the outflow/sea breezs accelerate NW into the Piedmont with random isolated storms at best forming as it passes.

Yep and models usually don't pick up well on how those boundaries will interact and storms might develop, just have to hope you are one of the lucky ones!

Yep and models usually don't pick up well on how those boundaries will interact and storms might develop, just have to hope you are one of the lucky ones!
It's always fun to see how the seas breeze and the Piedmont trough interact. Seems like this was the catalyst for the storms last night and may again earlier today

No, 95.5. Was 97+ earlier. I guess a seabreeze is cooling me off. This is the reverse of yesterday when I as several degrees hotter than KSAV and Hunter and hit my hottest of the year of 102.9. It is all in the wind direction. KSAV is at 100. Hunter is at 98 after hitting 99.

Last edited:
No, 95.5. Was 97+ earlier. I guess a seabreeze is cooling me off. This is the reverse of yesterday when I as several degrees hotter than KSAV and Hunter and hit my hottest of the year of 102.9. It is all in the wind direction. KSAV is at 100. Hunter is at 98 after hitting 99.
Good to know!

Thank God for the seabreeze. 97 is so much more comfy than 100.

Seeing several 100's across the state, especially in the Sandhills.... also that outflow boundary from the coastal convection is trucking it to the NW, maybe can get a nice breeze shortly.

Got to think with the Piedmont trough, seabreeze front and leftover boundaries tomorrow should be fairly active

Today, I wasn't as hot as my 102.9 yesterday, but today was hotter than yesterday's 100 at the airport, which had a record high of 101 and the 6th 100+ of the year thanks to the neverending SERidge! Also note the 90 mean:

..THE SAVANNAH GA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR JULY 3 2019

VALID TODAY AS OF 500 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1981 TO 2010
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1871 TO 2019

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR
NORMAL

TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
MAXIMUM 101R 303 PM 98 1993 92 9 94
MINIMUM 78 601 AM 62 2010 72 6 74
AVERAGE 90 82 8 84
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Hunter's high today was 99. My high was likely close to 99, but I was unable to confirm it.

Last edited:
Back