• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July

Can someone with more knowledge elaborate on the GFS's out of wack temperature forecasts for Atlanta all the time? I guess I'll just stick with the GEFS for temps.

View attachment 21129
That’s what a death ridge gets you in July! Nice view of Barry remnants on the temp map!

Maxar is forecasting two of the six hottest days since 1950 on a US energy usage weighted cooling degree day basis for 7/19-20:

7/20/19’s 16.43 CDDs would rank 2nd hottest to only 7/22/11’s 16.87

7/19/19’s 15.9 would actually be the hottest day since 7/22/11 though 7/20/19 would then eclipse 7/19/19
Holy ... and we'll stop right there ...

Based on current model projections this has some legs. Gotta get that trough out of the PNW and the -nao to play along to really see some actual below normal weather. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some type of baggy weak upper low get left behind in this setup as a trough digs in then retreats. All in all the day 8-15 period may be shaping up as near normal temps with above normal precip

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just hit the jackpot on a pop up storm on a day where there was a 20% chance of storms.

After last week basically missed lol.

Not sure what's going on but James Spann is forecasting temps to be 5-10 degrees cooler than the NWS from Wed to Sun. Spann says upper 80s to low 90s Wed to Fri. NWS says mid 90s. Spann says mid to upper 80s on Sat. NWS says mid 90s.

Last edited:
Persistence is the rule.

The forecast high from the NWS the next 7 days is 93*F.

This would work
b0b25c15af0d218403987a986c4361a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Marietta is reporting 89 as of 12:50 pm.

Webb ... Will buy you the biggest, coldest, most flavorful margarita, or beer, your choice, in north FL if this comes about ... won't pay the gas to get you here, but the drink(s) is/are on me ... ;)

The timing and general pattern that's forcing this cold shot on the models near the end of July certainly bears some similarities to 2004 and we all know what happened to the hurricane season after that.

compday.35EwAgtNpi.gif

gfs-ens_T2maMean_us_7.png

Back