• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July

Seriously, is there a cap over the US1 corridor? On every side, storms fire and build into real storms. In this area, they fizzle out almost immediately after forming.

Seriously, is there a cap over the US1 corridor? On every side, storms fire and build into real storms. In this area, they fizzle out almost immediately after forming.
Same here, had some try to get going, couple rumbles of thunder even hid the sun for a bit, knocked temp down to 90. Fizzled within minutes, sun back out temp up to 96

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nah its the new normal along with summer highs near 100. Rich get richer...all that jazz
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Same here. Sounds like Durham got hit hard. But all the storms seem to die out or go around Wake somehow. It's clouding up here, so maybe a storm will roll through soon.

Same here. Sounds like Durham got hit hard. But all the storms seem to die out or go around Wake somehow. It's clouding up here, so maybe a storm will roll through soon.
Storm just firing up right downwind from me. Getting the outflow. Had one sprinkle and hearing lots of thunder.

I don't understand. Sick joke

2bd93e1a98b821221931df7bfc6327a0.jpg

I don't understand. Sick joke

2bd93e1a98b821221931df7bfc6327a0.jpg
Do you hear any thunder? It's raining moderately here, finally.

Do you hear any thunder? It's raining moderately here, finally.
It the thunder don't get ya then the lightin' will ...
Small wheel turns by the fire and rod,
Big wheel turns by the grace of God,
And every time that wheel turns 'round
You're bound to cover just a little more ground ...
;)

New high of day with a quick spike to 100.2 at 2:05 here as the convection just a few miles north doesn’t get closer and weakens. Then it quickly fell back a degree. It really is fascinating watching the thermometer on a mostly sunny afternoon as you realize that the temp tends to spike up and down within about a 2-3 degree envelope. That envelope itself warms and cools depending on the general conditions and time of day.

Meanwhile, KSAV was only 97 at 2PM with a thunderstorm on its doorstep. So, 97 may end up as its high.
At 2:14, I’m back down to 98.6 but then back up to 99.5 at 2:16. With the nearby convection, including debris cirrostratus, and regardless of whether I actually get a drop of rain, there’s a good chance that 100.2 ends up as my high.

Edit: Spiked down to 96.2 at 2:42 before spiking back above 98. Despite mostly sunny and the nearby convection having fallen apart, we probably now have a seabreeze thus cooling the 3 or so degree envelope enough to mean my 2:05 high of 100.2 should be the day’s high.

Indeed, the 2:05 PM 100.2 will be my high as cirrostratus debris now covers much of the sky and the temp fell to 92.3 at 4PM. So, despite not one drop of rain due to it missing me by a few miles to the north, I’ve still benefited with cooling. Meanwhile, KSAV has been getting pretty heavy rain in a thunderstorm and had dropped all the way to 83 at 4PM. Hunter dropped to 91. A fun day to follow the wx and learn from it.

Back