• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

Yeah I've noticed that both of my stations often spike dews early in the day particularly after a heavy rain/dew/watering then as that water is evaporated from the surface and mixing starts they fall back to surrounding obs. I have 1 at 8 ft and 1 at 6 feet not sure if that's too low and they need to be raised or what. Just using today as an example they maxed out near 80 on the dew but have fallen back to 73.
Maybe not official but that's what it feels like to you at that level, so it's accurate lol. Mine spikes like that also but it sure "feels" right and I'm not an official reporting station, so it works for me

Maybe not official but that's what it feels like to you at that level, so it's accurate lol. Mine spikes like that also but it sure "feels" right and I'm not an official reporting station, so it works for me
Completely agree. If my station was reading 80 all day long then I would say yep that's a problem

very hard to see but looks like there’s a very weak boundary behind these storms, might help strengthen storms later 6AD52F30-767B-481F-B10F-1F88B98F1CB1.png

Where's all the rain we were supposed to get from the tropical system?

I swear I remember WRAL weather saying Monday we were going to get a lot of rain this week from the low coming out of the Gulf.

Back