• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

Not tryna jinx it but today looks good for big storms that come off the mountains, mid level LRs around 6.5, 2000-3000jkg of SBcape and a little increase in effective bulk shear to around 15-20kts should allow multicells to get going

Well I just checked my station and I'm at 89/77 so that isn't far off

That dew point seems way to high per surrounding obs.

6121c267b1a577d11e6e39d97a0e2e90.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want to jinx it but today feels like a typical NC summer day. Storms already forming in the higher terrain and Piedmont. Hopefully, we can see some more widespread coverage of storms. Wish GSP radar wasn't down though.

That dew point seems way to high per surrounding obs.

6121c267b1a577d11e6e39d97a0e2e90.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I've noticed that both of my stations often spike dews early in the day particularly after a heavy rain/dew/watering then as that water is evaporated from the surface and mixing starts they fall back to surrounding obs. I have 1 at 8 ft and 1 at 6 feet not sure if that's too low and they need to be raised or what. Just using today as an example they maxed out near 80 on the dew but have fallen back to 73.

Back