• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

Kinda concerned that the storm the south of me is going to stabilize the atmosphere and I will miss out of on the good stuff!

This thing to me looks like it’s trying to organize into a loose MCS, trough axis during the summer is magic

Kinda concerned that the storm the south of me is going to stabilize the atmosphere and I will miss out of on the good stuff!
I got in on that storm and saw good heavy rain for about 20 minutes... once it ended the sun came right back out and shot the temperature up back into the low 80s... it literally feels like a steam bath outside in Indian Trail right now. I think the atmosphere still has plenty of juice

This frying pan pattern isn't going anywhere anytime soon and by anytime soon I mean thru *at least* early August by the looks of it...

The fact that it's occurring in association w/ a standing wave and not an MJO or CC Kelvin Wave plus our base state is getting warmer will make this heat much worse than it's already going to be.

1594423810728.png

1594423825408.png

1594423900581.png

This frying pan pattern isn't going anywhere anytime soon and by anytime soon I mean thru *at least* early August by the looks of it...

The fact that it's occurring in association w/ a standing wave and not an MJO or CC Kelvin Wave plus our base state is getting warmer will make this heat much worse than it's already going to be.

View attachment 44011

View attachment 44012

View attachment 44013

As long as there is at least a chance of storms, I guess I can deal with the heat. We don't need a drought, especially during these times.

Back