• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say same thing, bet there's an OFB that kills it just as you say on our doorstep
Yeah I added to my post a little above. The lack of a lot of stratiform on the backside and the energy racing away makes it very similar to Wednesday. As we know though these typically arrive earlier than models have and have typically been a little more impressive than modeled. We will see but the ofb signature out front on the 3k makes me think it runs out of gas

The fv3 hires has been really good so far better than the hrrr and 3k. I thought it was going to be a giant turd
It’s depiction totally makes sense and the most with scattered stuff forming in the Piedmont first (which the hrrr/3km normally miss) then the stuff moving east from the mountains

It’s depiction totally makes sense and the most with scattered stuff forming in the Piedmont first (which the hrrr/3km normally miss) then the stuff moving east from the mountains
Yeah it's done well picking up on the local mesoscale stuff like the sandhills convection and piedmont trough but I think it struggles with the seabreeze.

Nvm this is the 0z for this afternoon Seabreeze activate
fv3-hires_ref_frzn_seus_22.png

I'm going to play Mr negative here and say as modeled I bet that dies on our doorstep but it's close to being the first mountains to coast storm complex in ages.

This setup is very similar to Wednesday where the storms ran out of gas. Main trough and energy displaced north and moving away we would need a decent cold pool to develop on the backside to maybe aid in maintaining as it goes east.
I dont know this One at least has my eye as models with the last one didn’t even try to let it get this far … for tomorrow they have it at least going through us although I can see the weird set up and with it being later at night has me curious about its survival as well… I’ll be the advocate and push for this to make it into our neck of the woods Shane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back