• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next two or three winters are “put up or shut up” time. I don’t intend to spend the rest of my life wishing/hoping only for it to never be.

1626112673812.gif
In all seriousness basically we need a -NAO to have a good shot at at least a decent pattern (doesn’t mean we get snow just gives us a solid pattern to receive something) maybe our long streak of no -NAO has ended and we get repaid with more -NAO winters now ? Who knows though .. I’ll bank on another Texas pattern and roll the dice that the SE gets the brunt next winter .. but of course that’s the ? in me

CFS model already shows a dominating -NAO for most of next winter lol
giphy.gif

It’s drizzling. Did I do something wrong? Feels like a troll
E376409A-5A2C-4043-9996-A8EE2CD2AF40.jpeg27F3E8DD-7B93-4FC4-A04C-48E306B78B94.jpg

Maybe by the end of July the corners region of the SW can get some monsoon rains, and then some pacific storms to slam the NW in the fall. Really worried about their heat and drought thus far.

Nice. I remember watching Bob. I miss Greg Fishel, but he's back in NC now, so maybe he'll pop back up somewhere.

I will continue to refer to the period of July through early September as the dog days if they are got and humid. I really hate this time of year.
I don't care about a definition. Dog Days of summer are when there's no breeze and dews in the 70's. Dog days.

Seabreeze doing its work. Any outflow ahead of that west is welcome. Coats and Lillington about to get it again today. Rich get richer. Drought get drier.

Reactions: SD
Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
257 PM EDT Mon Jul 12 2021

NCZ040>042-076-077-088-089-122000-
Lee NC-Johnston NC-Chatham NC-Sampson NC-Harnett NC-Wake NC-
Cumberland NC-
257 PM EDT Mon Jul 12 2021

...A CLUSTER OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT NORTHWESTERN
SAMPSON... HARNETT...NORTHEASTERN CUMBERLAND...NORTHEASTERN
LEE...SOUTHWESTERN WAKE...SOUTHWESTERN JOHNSTON AND SOUTHEASTERN
CHATHAM COUNTIES UNTIL 400 PM EDT...

At 255 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a cluster of strong
thunderstorms along a line extending from 10 miles east of Sanford
to 6 miles southwest of Lillington to near Fayetteville. Movement
was northeast at 20 mph.

Wind gusts up to 45 or 50 mph will be possible with these storms.

Deadly cloud to ground lightning will also be possible with these
storms.

Locations impacted include...
Raleigh, Fayetteville, Cary, Lillington, Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Dunn,
Angier, Benson and Godwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back