• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the HRRR dude lol. Haven’t we been talking about how it sucks at initializing? Not to say this will or won’t happen tho
Gonna be some weak energy flowing aloft at H5 but the ridge is gonna poke in a bit more/act as a S/W ridge which could overall suppress coverage, maybe some stuff later wrt the sea breeze boundary itself for any chances for us

Also the hrrr showed good coverage for today with yesterday’s runs then backed off, and it did the same exact thing yesterday with 12z/18z/00z model runs on Saturday

Seems like the HRRR underperformed in my neck of the woods yesterday with the coverage being much much more than the HRRR showed, and honestly thats kind of common with the HRRR....still mostly dry is a safe bet for most of us this week.....

Must be nice to live at a cheat code for storms ?

Honestly it is pretty cool, my porch faces east and many afternoons I watch them go up over the sounds.....honestly though it is not to to common to get the storms this far inland though we do get the outflow/sea breeze itself which can make porch sittin much more tolerable after a 90+ degree afternoon.

No, probably be Coats, Lillington, Fuquay. You'll get to see them, just won't be able to benefit from them. You do need the rain as I've seen many dodge your location. Your buddy 10 miles down the street is probably complaining from so much rain.
It's amazing how much standing water there is east of Lillington

Bob Debarbaladen over at WRAL years ago would refer to any August day as "dog days". Of course, I doubt he even knew the origin, and it was back in the mid 80's.
Nice. I remember watching Bob. I miss Greg Fishel, but he's back in NC now, so maybe he'll pop back up somewhere.

I will continue to refer to the period of July through early September as the dog days if they are got and humid. I really hate this time of year.

CFS model already shows a dominating -NAO for most of next winter lol
I'm OK with that. As bad as last year was I'll still roll the dice with a -NAO any year. We need Pac help to get the source region cold enough of course. We kind of need both which almost never happens though. A great Pac and ample cold is mostly always wasted by a bad storm track without NAO help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back