• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July '22

After heat indices topping out at 110*F yesterday and an Excessive Heat Warning, the cool down has arrived.

Dallas & Tarrant Counties have been downgraded to Heat Advisories with heat indices *ONLY* up to 105*F and highs in the low 100s.

This morning's low was 81*F.

BTW, you know this heat means business when there isn't much of a temperature drop after a heavy rain shower.

Love Field was one of the lucky spots to get a downpour late yeaterday afternoon and their temp was still at 100*F afterwards. ?

Even with PGV getting 3.25 inches lastnight we still have a 5 inch deficit. More is needed and if we slip back onto a dry spell it will slide right back into drought.

PGV has obs every 20 minutes. At 15 after 35 after and 55 after every hour. Last night at the 7:35 obs they recorded .86 and at 7.55 it had 1.17. That's some insane rain rates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220710-093229_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220710-093229_Samsung Internet.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 6
Even with PGV getting 3.25 inches lastnight we still have a 5 inch deficit. More is needed and if we slip back onto a dry spell it will slide right back into drought.

PGV has obs every 20 minutes. At 15 after 35 after and 55 after every hour. Last night at the 7:35 obs they recorded .86 and at 7.55 it had 1.17. That's some insane rain rates.
More needs to be done for some folks for sure. But this was a significant blow to the drought and will reduce severity and shrink it area wide for many.

Also looks like from the models perspective we stay in a fairly wet pattern overall. We dry out the next couple days which is fine and then Wednesday into Thursday looks like another front slides through and stalls and there are indications of some low pressures moving along the front in the future. Continued NW flow energy along with that combo makes me think we are in a great spot to really wipe drought away

Well with the NHC Outlook, looks as if most of us will stay in the "wet" for a good bit... Lots of moisture flow, will just be up to where cells initiate day by day... However, thinking that with daytime highs "dropping" into more seasonable, at least some of the "overnight" storms will lessen in numbers/coverage

There have been some massive rainfall totals in east and northeastern Georgia over the past few days. @BufordWX is probably going to pass 10" tonight for the month already. I feel lucky to have gotten almost 4" so far. The drought is being dented in pretty hard right now.

View attachment 119866
The heaviest rain ended up just north of me last night so I only ended up with .17 in last nights round, although spots a few miles north look to have gotten another inch of rain.

Back