• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Well this looks fun
c3ef76112b598b163f24500b8cf54910.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, looks amazingly like Torchmas, remember that?

Wow, looks amazingly like Torchmas, remember that?

Yuck! I hear the MJO doesn’t look all that great either but I haven’t seen it...

In all honesty this winter has been far better for most people on this board then last winter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought this was interesting (From NASA via ABC33/40 weather office):

STRANGE CLOUDS ARE CIRCLING ANTARCTICA: NASA’s AIM spacecraft is monitoring a vast ring of noctilucent (night-shining) clouds circling Antarctica. These strange clouds, formed at the edge of space by ice-frosted specks of meteor smoke, may be linked through recently discovered teleconnections to cold weather patterns in the USA
Almost sounds like an excuse for the fact that it just gets cold sometimes and we have no idea when that's going to happen nor do we have any control over it. Sounds very interesting though. Wonder if that frozen meteor smoke played into JB's Arctic East forecast a couple months ago? Highly doubt it

Looks like the cold air largely evacuates to the other side of the globe for a while, if the LR progs are to be believed. Anybody got any good reasons as to why that may be incorrect? Or are we just going to have to deal with it for a while?

Looks like the cold air largely evacuates to the other side of the globe for a while, if the LR progs are to be believed. Anybody got any good reasons as to why that may be incorrect? Or are we just going to have to deal with it for a while?
You mean kind of like a guess like they often do?:D

I thought this was interesting (From NASA via ABC33/40 weather office):

STRANGE CLOUDS ARE CIRCLING ANTARCTICA: NASA’s AIM spacecraft is monitoring a vast ring of noctilucent (night-shining) clouds circling Antarctica. These strange clouds, formed at the edge of space by ice-frosted specks of meteor smoke, may be linked through recently discovered teleconnections to cold weather patterns in the USA
antarctic-nlc-oval.jpg

How about we bypass it all together? How about we get to fishspinner season? Or how about some nice heavy rain to fill up the lakes?
FS - Keep 'em fish spinners and we're all good! Get 'em close to shore and much prefer missing a snow with just cold rain!

Almost sounds like an excuse for the fact that it just gets cold sometimes and we have no idea when that's going to happen nor do we have any control over it. Sounds very interesting though. Wonder if that frozen meteor smoke played into JB's Arctic East forecast a couple months ago? Highly doubt it
In the NASA story, they tried to blame climate change for it,like they do with anything:rolleyes:

I'm just ready to be above freezing. The last time I was above 32.0 on the home thermometer was 330am Sunday. Looks like we might push 192 hours below freezing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Been buisy not been posting lot... went back read the last couple pages ....going with Webber said earlier. I’m big time ready for tornado season .... cold dry meh....
Your always ready for tornado season . Just wait your turn lol

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

The Sunday Monday event could be high impact in cad areas if it does not end up drying out all the way. With our luck, the now day 9 system will be the first one to actually cut or run the apps. But it is going to be a brutal couple of days right now....:eek:

I cant believe they have my hi for Monday 44 now and then 58 Tuesday! Just seems crazy this bone chillin cold can retreat that fast! Burrrrrr

Back