• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Back to the soil temps, those who live west of i77 can attest to the fact that winter storms that bring snow/ice on the roads for 1+ week plus are a different beast vs 6” snowfall on 61 degree soil temps might last 1 afternoon. We will take what we can get sure but we need cold air before during after plz

GFS is starting to look like the EPS

I think after this cold shot this weekend and one more next weekend, winter is over sadly. Too many things going against us unfortunately. Let's pray and hope next winter offers more opportunities for a favorable pattern and the Pacific is somewhat more improved.

I think after this cold shot this weekend and one more next weekend, winter is over sadly. Too many things going against us unfortunately. Let's pray and hope next winter offers more opportunities for a favorable pattern and the Pacific is somewhat more improved.
And why is it over what's going against us?

Really?? ..... I certainly think not. I have never seen a winter (in my 57 years) that did not produce accumulating snow here and I have not gotten any yet. So, winter can't be over. Besides, we are only 9 days into winter.

One thing we all forgot about …. SOIL TEMPERATUR

They need to go down or my bermuda is going to say hello. Let's pull these on Wednesday if we remember I'd bet they are back in the 40s
I actually have spots of bermuda still green today which I have never seen in 31 years of lawn care in Winston Salem area

Everything. Webber alluded to alot of things as we move past mid January. Just your typical niña fixing to really make an influence. Hope we cash in the next few weeks
If you look at a good number of ninas they all feature big poleward ridge pushes and undercutting in the last week of Dec or the first half of January. You can draw your own conclusions from there but what we are seeing isn't that abnormal and somewhat expected. I'm not even saying it's going to get nut freezing cold or feet of snow buy Holy moly canceling winter before January based on an 18z gfs run is wild

If you look at a good number of ninas they all feature big poleward ridge pushes and undercutting in the last week of Dec or the first half of January. You can draw your own conclusions from there but what we are seeing isn't that abnormal and somewhat expected
These are just my opinions. We are all entitled to them. ? Yall know how it is, eps picks up on changes and gefs follows suit more times than not. Hope I'm wrong

Reactions: SD
Back to the soil temps, those who live west of i77 can attest to the fact that winter storms that bring snow/ice on the roads for 1+ week plus are a different beast vs 6” snowfall on 61 degree soil temps might last 1 afternoon. We will take what we can get sure but we need cold air before during after plz
Very true, asphalt holds heat more than most realize. Last week of February 2009 it was near 60 degrees all week then it was cold for March 1st we had 9-11 inches on Friday melting as fast as we could plow it. Monday morning you couldn't find a snowball anywhere, no piles no nothing

Back