• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Didn't say you weren't but don't post winter is over and not expect to get questioned. If I posted winter cancel or I think Jan will be snowy or I think Feb will be cold I'd expect to get questioned
I agree SD. Perhaps we can get shifts that will lead to extended cold or a full shift for durable cold. Guess we shall see

If you look at a good number of ninas they all feature big poleward ridge pushes and undercutting in the last week of Dec or the first half of January. You can draw your own conclusions from there but what we are seeing isn't that abnormal and somewhat expected. I'm not even saying it's going to get nut freezing cold or feet of snow buy Holy moly canceling winter before January based on an 18z gfs run is wild
It wasn't 18zgfs lol. It's just alot of people mentioning that same stuff I said with an unfavorable pattern after mid January with perhaps it lasting rest of winter.

Reactions: SD
It wasn't 18zgfs lol. It's just alot of people mentioning that same stuff I said with an unfavorable pattern after mid January with perhaps it lasting rest of winter.
You have to remember that there are no absolutes. People are smart and can articulate probabilities based on past data, but the atmosphere on January 30th really doesn't care very much what happened on January 30th 1945. There is a lot of winter left.

Back