• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Although not great, finally the gfs has stronger -NAO blocking after it being weaker for 3 runs in a row and the pacific is slightly better
My guess is that we rides the 7/8 line into COD. Wishfull thinking yes but that’s my Christmas wish. Just have to be patient the next 10-14 days.

My guess is that we rides the 7/8 line into COD. Wishfull thinking yes but that’s my Christmas wish. Just have to be patient the next 10-14 days.
I'd like it to get solidly into 8 then ride the line between 8 and 1 into the COD in mid to late January. The later we get to the COD the later we can emerge in 4, 5 and 6.

You're right. And it never does. But that's not really going to be our issue.
Yep our problem is still there throughout the run. It did move it a little more north and east but it's still positively tilted and dropping energy down the west coast. But that's just getting into Jan when phase 7 becomes favorable and should be close to 8 by then. There's way more than the MJO at work as you say often, but it's going to have to save the day for us the way it looks at the moment.

Yep our problem is still there throughout the run. It did move it a little more north and east but it's still positively tilted and dropping energy down the west coast. But that's just getting into Jan when phase 7 becomes favorable and should be close to 8 by then. There's way more than the MJO at work as you say often, but it's going to have to save the day for us the way it looks at the moment.
Yeah doesn’t help that we’ve trended to a shallow GOA ridge at all

Back