Pattern Januworry

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
We need that okhotsk low or at least it’s energy pivoting around the deep TPV further S around the Aleutians View attachment 98519
Even the UK is sucking it up. Just like the east coast they're usually under a trough with a -NAO. The Pac ridge is screwing the whole pattern. The west coast trough is pumping the SER so the trough that should be over the east is in the north Atlantic and pumping a ridge over the UK. What a screwed up pattern from what it should be.

I miss the positive rain_cold! ?
I'm positive that run sucked. We need less hoping and more meteorology. We have a persistent pattern within a persistent pattern. A trough wants to be out west this winter. And a trough wants to be out west almost every winter. That won't always be the case this year or in any given year. But that's the way it is right now. It's going to take more than a happy RMM diagram to fix it.

Absolutely terrible run. Nothing evolves in any way shape or form the way we need for it to, I'm sorry to say. Onto 0z.

View attachment 98522
Sudden stratospheric warming should do the trick. Judah Cohen says when it happens, which it might, it could spill to either side of the northern hemisphere and dump cold sometime somewhere on either side of the Arctic circle. Cross your fingers and stay tuned as this develops.

Are you happy now? No more SE yellows! View attachment 98527
I mean it's ok. It's better than hot but it still isn't going to snow with beige to light blue. Hopefully, that is setting the table for the appetizer that whets the appetite that primes the pump for the real thing later on.

Even when it’s a good run all we hear is too far out so what’s the difference lol
Consistency is the key. For every good run you then get 5 bad runs. There is way more bad than good in the modeling right now. If this thing is going to flip the 1st part of January we need to see a decent evolution start showing up with some consistency over the next few days. We still have a little time but the time is very near to find out if if all our hoping is actually going to become reality.

I mean it's ok. It's better than hot but it still isn't going to snow with beige to light blue. Hopefully, that is setting the table for the appetizer that whets the appetite that primes the pump for the real thing later on.

Exactly, this is around the transition period of the mean of 30 members. Some come earlier and others come later.

PS It isn’t going to snow here barring a miracle because that’s my climo. I just want the November cold pattern to return because I just like it cold, period. Snow is not something on many people’s mind in SAV, I can assure you.