• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Final map.
sn10_acc.us_se.png

0z GFS tried with the system on the 2nd/3rd. The trough would need to dig down a bit more for something more significant. It's still a frontal system with an embedded low. Not that bad though for it to be in the time frame it's in. Still lots of time for positive changes (or negative) for winter storm development.
baef3622f9a873ad1315fec9a3ec3cda.jpg

0z GFS tried with the system on the 2nd/3rd. The trough would need to dig down a bit more for something more significant. It's still a frontal system with an embedded low. Not that bad though for it to be in the time frame it's in. Still lots of time for positive changes (or negative) for winter storm development.
baef3622f9a873ad1315fec9a3ec3cda.jpg
Any chance this can improve to give upstate Sc a chance or not really since it’s an anal front?

Any chance this can improve to give upstate Sc a chance or not really since it’s an anal front?
It does have the chance to improve. By the 0z run, the upper level vorticity is being strung out (sheard) by a fast flow in addition to higher heights building behind the trough to the west which isn't good, cause it would cause the system to push out quickly. Right now, it's looking best for snow along and west of the mountains of the Southeast. But, some snow could make it east of the mountains if the vorticity doesn't get sheard out even more by the mountains.
1dc7b6a6f4587748d699d44a42878d8c.jpg
ad5ef7a3565794576602f82599a6effb.jpg

I’m not talking about CAD. I’m talking about the H5 pattern. It looks ugly.
The CMC still solidly moved the ridge out of the Aleutians to the north of Alaska by day ten much as the earlier GFS runs have been doing. So it's far from settled. Euro will be interesting, to say the least.
gem_z500a_namer_41.png

I think models are going to swing back and forth as the major cold moves south out of Canada. Could be some wild swings In the coming days on the models before we know what is in store for January.

The CMC still solidly moved the ridge out of the Aleutians to the north of Alaska by day ten much as the earlier GFS runs have been doing. So it's far from settled. Euro will be interesting, to say the least.
gem_z500a_namer_41.png

Unfortunately, the 0Z EPS was a bit warmer on most days in the SE vs the 12Z EPS though not terribly warmer. Hopefully the GEFS and EPS will reverse back colder by 12Z. If this ends up to be another headfake………….never mind. I’ll try to stay positive.

Last edited:
Back